Chapter 23: Declutter


So I just got done talking to a "professional stager" as we're looking to put our house on the market very soon. I didn't want to have one come out as I'm pretty good at staging things myself. However, our Realtor really recommended we do it as staged houses sell at a much faster rate.

So let me save you all guys $125 dollars.
DE CLUTTER!

Yeah. I knew she was gonna say that. It's like a really key rule in all staged photos of spaces. You want all the knick knacks gone and out of site.

*Pretty much move all your "junk" into storage.
*Remove all personal photos and things with your name on them. You want to generalize the space but keep furniture and decor so people can imagine themselves living in the space.
* neutralize wall colors (bye bye green wall!)
*all rugs and bath mats gone as they bring the space down.
*all bathroom/shower/counter tops cleared save for decor.
*don't over clutter when decorating.
*clean all fixtures

I can't believe I paid this chic to come in and tell me all this. She tried to sell me the premium package too which would have cost up to 300 dollars. I was like, unless you're gonna do the "decluttering" for me, there's no way I'm paying that much to have you take notes and re-inspect my cleaning job. I feel like I just got robbed.

0 comments: